Leading the fast food franchise industry with its strong forte in beef patties and buns, the pace Burger King has so far appears unstoppable and it has been amassing so many fans already! New outlets are popping up and new burger recipes are following as well. Of course, it’s not new to see the Indonesianized versions of American fast food recipes and this time, BK incorporates its burgers with proud Minangnese heritage recipe of rendang.
Burgers with either beef patty or crispy chicken are applied with the rendang sauce alongside the usual vegetables and juicy beef bacons. So it’s pretty much the good standard package you will receive from BK. After tasting both of the burgers, I came to a conclusion that the beef version is definitely the most suitable one with the rendang sauce. As for its chicken counterpart, I prefer to have the original Tendercrisp recipe much better as I think that crispy chicken doesn’t suit too well with this particular sauce. I simply like the chicken plain and simple.
As for the rendang sauce itself, it’s not exactly the same in terms of the distinctive flavor nor the texture that we usually recognize from rendang that came from Padangnese restaurants, but you will still get the idea anyway. For me personally, it’s something that I may want again to eat in the future as the rendang sauce works so well with double beef patties.
For this, I had my second just a few hours after I tasted the first one. Although it’s already cold but I still liked it and there’s no need to reheat it or even dip it in our usual chili sauce as it’s already packed up with heat and decent taste. Hopefully, BK will want to consider extending the beef rendang burger promotion or even sell it for our beloved Tuesday buy one get one promotion!
Limited time promotion only.
BURGER KING (INDONESIA)
Halal certification under process (per Sept 2013)
BK outlets in Indonesia
- North Jakarta: Mall Kelapa Gading 5, Emporium Pluit, Sunter, Mall of Indonesia, Pantai Indah Kapuk
- Central Jakarta: Skyline (Sarinah), Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Atrium Senen, Thamrin City, Citywalk Sudirman
- East Jakarta: Cibubur Square, Rest Area Km. 10.5, Duren Sawit,
- West Jakarta: Central Park, Hayam Wuruk, Citraland, Puri Indah
- South Jakarta: Plaza Semanggi, Senayan City, Cilandak Town Square, Blok M Plaza, Tebet Green, Kota Kasablanka, Plaza Festival, Pasaraya Grande, Kuningan City, Bellagio, Setiabudi, Cilandak Mall, Lotte Shopping Ave
- Bogor: Cibubur Transyogi, Botani Square
- Bekasi: Rest Area Tol Jakarta – Cikampek Km 19, Mega Bekasi Hypermall
- Tangerang: Super Mall Karawaci, Giant Bintaro Sektor VII, Tol Jakarta – Merak Km 13.5, Tol Jakarta – Tangerang KM 14
- BSD Serpong: Giant Bumi Serpong Damai, Paramount Serpong
- Bandung: Paris Van Java Mall
- Bali: Discovery Shopping Mall, Benoa Square, Sunset Point, Kuta Beachwalk , Kuta Square, Airport Ngurah Rai
Twitter : @BurgerKing_ID
Leave a Reply