You know that I’m such a big fan for anything that Tastemade features. For the second time now, they’re showing us how to make a really cool, gourmet version of cendol – the one dessert that we all cannot say no during summer.
Well, it’s basically always summer here in Indonesia and how about if we can make this on our own to pass the time by?
Here’s how Tastemade does it.
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Sugar 3 tbsp
- Palm sugar 1/2 cup
- Lychees 8-12 canned
- Jackfruit 1 can
- Mung bean flour 1 cup
- Pandan paste 1/2 tsp
- Shaved ice 2 cups
- Coconut milk 2 cans
- In a pot, add your mung bean flour along with sugar, salt and a splash of pandan paste.
- Add 2.5 cups of water and bring it up to a simmer.
- Add mixture into the ricer.
- And rice it out into the bath.
- Let the cendol worms sit for about 15 minutes to firm up.
- Slice your palm sugar. Then melt it down with 1/4 cup of water.
- Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your cendol worms into the glass.
- Add jackfruit, lychee and coconut milk.
- Top the glass with shaved ice and drizzle some palm sugar syrup.
Original link of the recipe: