Fun Food Facts #19:
BRIEF FACTS ABOUT BANANA
- You don’t need to eat bananas
for the potassium! (Although it is present in bananas, potassium is the predominant nutrient among most all fruits and vegetables.)
- Bananas are high in sugar,
so they should not be eaten if you have blood sugar problems.
- Don’t eat bananas on an empty stomach; combining them with a bit of protein will help to normalize the insulin response caused by the sugar in the banana.
- Green-tipped bananas are better for your health than over-ripe bananas.
- On a side note: Because bananas are so popular, rainforests are often destroyed to make way for banana plantations.
Facts provided by: www.mercola.com