Fun Food Facts #16:
FACTS ABOUT FAST FOOD PART 3 of 3
- Part 1:
- Part 2:
31. About two new Starbucks have opened every day since 1987.
32. The original Dunkin’ Donut had a handle (to make dunking easier).
33. Domino’s Pizza cancelled their “30 minutes or less” guarantee because drivers kept getting into accidents while rushing to deliver pizzas. The guarantee led to at least one fatality.
34. Mark Cuban once insulted someone by saying that they “would not even be able to manage a Dairy Queen.” Dairy Queen offered Mark Cuban a chance to manage Dairy Queen, which he accepted for one day. He didn’t do a great job.
35. Dairy Queen restaurants in Texas have a different menu from all other DQ restaurants. You can only get a Steakfinger Basket at a Texas Dairy Queen.
36. IHOP adds pancake batter to their omelettes. They claim it makes them “fluffier.”
37. Ben and Jerry’s ice cream has chunks because Ben has anosmia, which means he can’t smell, so he relies on “mouth-feel” while eating.
38. Because of the restaurant’s reputation to stay open after disasters, the “Waffle House Index” was created as an informal assessment of the damage caused by a storm.
39. Waffle House claims to sell more steak than any other restaurant.
40. According to Waffle House, if you laid all of the bacon they serve in a year end-to-end, it would wrap all the way around the equator.
41. White Castle burgers have five holes in them so that they can cook all the way through without being flipped.
42. White Castle is the first fast food restaurant. (It was founded in 1921.)
43. Colonel Sanders’ claimed that his favorite food was White Castle.
44. Denny’s used to be open year round. When they decided to start closing for Christmas, most of the stores had to hire locksmiths to install locks.
45. The founders of Outback Steakhouse never visited Australia.
TO BE CONTINUED
Leave a Reply