Fun Food Facts #15:
FACTS ABOUT FAST FOOD PART 2 of 3
16. Two companies prepare KFC’s Original Recipe chicken. One company only has half of the secret recipe, and the other company has the second half. The complete recipe only exists in one place: locked inside a vault at KFC’s headquarters.
17. Subway’s Italian B.M.T., is named after the Brooklyn Manhattan Transit.
18. After receiving complaints that their “footlong” sub was only 11 inches long, Subway released a statement that said, “”With regards to the size of the bread and calling it a footlong, ‘Subway Footlong’ is a registered trademark as a descriptive name for the sub sold in Subway Restaurants and not intended to be a measurement of length.”
19. Subway is the largest restaurant chain in the world. There are more Subways in the world than McDonald’s.
20. To accommodate workers at the World Trade Center construction site, Subway created a mobile restaurant that moved up the building as they finish each floor.
21. Pizza Hut made a delivery to the International Space Station in 2001. It cost around $1,000,000.
22. Before 2013, Pizza Hut was the number one purchaser of kale. They didn’t even serve it though – they used it as a decoration in their salad bars.
23. Pizza Hut sued Papa John’s once because they thought that “fresher ingredients” didn’t really make “better pizza.”
24. Pizza Hut uses 300 million pounds of cheese each year. That’s about 3% of all the cheese produced in the United States.
25. Arby’s got its name from the acronym “R.B.,” which doesn’t stand for “roast beef.” It actually stands for “Raffel brothers,” who are the founders of the restaurant.
26. The large fries at Five Guy’s are the most unhealthy fries in America. They have nearly 1,500 calories and 71 grams of fat.
27. Shaquille O’Neal owns about 10% of all Five Guys restaurants in North America.
28. Chick-Fil-A is not closed on Sundays for religious reasons. They close on Sundays because the founder didn’t like working on Sundays.
29. The first 100 people who go to a new Chick-Fil-A when it opens get a free meal every week for a year.
30. Panera Bread once sued Qdoba because they argued that burritos are sandwiches.
TO BE CONTINUED