Fun Food Facts #14:
FACTS ABOUT FAST FOOD PART 1 of 3
1. McDonald’s hamburgers don’t really rot. The burgers have very low moisture content, which basically leaves the meat dehydrated. It’s more like jerky than burger.
2. McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets come in four shapes and they all have names: the boot, the ball, the bone, and the bell.
3. A 30 oz. McDonald’s sweet tea has as much sugar in it as two Snickers bars.
4. You can’t be more than 115 miles from a McDonald’s in the continental USA.
5. At times, McDonald’s has turned away more applicants than Harvard.
6. McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish was originally developed for Catholic customers, since they generally abstain from eating meat on Fridays.
7. Burger King is called “Hungry Jack’s” in Australia.
8. Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas went back to school to earn his GED at the age of 61. He didn’t want people to see his success and feel inspired to drop out of high school.
9. An Alabama law firm once sued Taco Bell, claiming that their meat mixture“does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as ‘beef.’” (They later withdrew the lawsuit.)
10. Taco Bell has attempted to open stores in Mexico two different times. Their food was labeled as “American Food.”
11. Chipotle buys some of their avocados from singer Jason Mraz.
12. There is a secret menu item at Chipotle called a “quesarito.” It’s a burrito that’s wrapped in a cheese quesadilla instead of a tortilla.
13. After graduating from culinary school, Steve Ells dreamed of opening his own fine dining establishment. He started Chipotle to raise the funds for his restaurant.
14. After he left KFC, Colonel Sanders grew to hate the company. He once described the food as “the worst fried chicken I’ve ever seen” and said the gravy was like “wallpaper paste.”
15. Because of a successful marketing campaign 40 years ago, KFC chicken has become a popular destination for Christmas dinner in Japan. Some customers place their Christmas orders two months in advance.
TO BE CONTINUED