As the continuation of Ibu Biko’s Gorontalese dishes on the previous post, I would like to also share the recipes that she cooked specially for us during the photo shoot. I hope you can try this back at home too. Have fun!
BILENTHANGO (Gorontalese spicy fried fish)
1 pc Fish of your choice (snapper, trevally, or tilapia)
2 pcs Tomato (sliced)
10 pcs Red chili
10 pcs Shallot
3 pcs Garlic
To taste Salt
- Clean the fish, cut through its back and divide into two sections. Squeeze the lime over the fish.
- Blender the condiments well.
- Mix the condiments with sliced tomatoes, scallions, and lemon basil.
- Fry the fish with small flame.
- Smear the condiments on all over the fish. Serve.
Recipe is provided by Omar Niode Foundation and Biko Mointi Boekoesoe – owner of Talaga Cookery.
TALAGA COOKERY | Jalan Kalibata Utara no. 25, RT 11/RW 2, Jakarta – Indonesia | +62.21.797.2246
Photography by Dennie Benedict
Leave a Reply