As the continuation of Ibu Biko’s Gorontalese dishes on the previous post, I would like to also share the recipes that she cooked specially for us during the photo shoot. I hope you can try this back at home too. Have fun!
IHUTILINANGA (Gorontalese fried eggplant with turmeric sauce)
10pcs Eggplants (divide into four each)
- Coconut milk (from 1/4th of coconut)
- Red chili or bird-eye chili
- Pandan leaves
- After divided into four, fry the eggplants.
- Blender all the condiments except for lemongrass, galangal, and pandan leaves.
- Sear the blended condiments.
- Put the lemongrass, galangal, and pandan leaves with the condiments.
- Once it becomes aromatic, pour over the thick coconut milk on the pan.
- Once cooked, pour the sauce over the eggplants.
- Pour the fried shallots as the garnish. Serve.
Recipe is provided by Omar Niode Foundation and Biko Mointi Boekoesoe – owner of Talaga Cookery.
TALAGA COOKERY | Jalan Kalibata Utara no. 25, RT 11/RW 2, Jakarta – Indonesia | +62.21.797.2246
Photography by Dennie Benedict